Sunday, March 22, 2009

Love


One day, my housemates and I finished our dinner and arrived at home. I just sat down on my chair for a few seconds, the doorbell was rung by someone outside. On my thought, it must be the delivery that usually ordered by my roommate. He normally backed late from his work and did not join us for dinner. When I went to open the wooden door and looked outside. A girl and a boy who seemed same age as me was standing outside and having a smile on their face.

My curiosity was quite heavy so I asked them about their purpose for coming. They told me that they wanted to do a survey for their Christian society in campus. Their current topic was talking about "Love". They would like to know that how people defined "Love". Somehow, I was so enthusiastic to help them in answering their questions on the survey paper. May be because I am a Christian, so I felt close to them and had the heart to help them.

They asked me what was "Love" in my opinion. My answer was very general, "Love" was an action to concern others, or pay more attention on others, think from the position of others, know the needs for others, and help others to solve problems. There was an interesting question, they asked me what was the difference between "Like" and "Love". I knew these 2 words must be bringing different meaning because they gave me the different feeling, but I failed to differentiate them. I told the girl and the boy that I gave up to answer this question and hoped to get the answer from them. Their answer awoke me. It was just the answer in my feeling but I did not know how to explain it.

"Like" is temporary, you "like" someone in the first seeing because the person attracts you, you just have the good feeling at the person due to figure, talent, or any other aspect that was able to magnetize you. "Love" is long or permanent, you "love" someone, you will know how to care for the person, you will put the person on the first place in your heart and do a lot of matters to show your concern for the person. No wonder many people say that "Love" is blind and "Love" cannot be measured. It is hard to tell a reason to "love" someone. Only the "Love" without reason can be permanent. Why? Because if there is a reason in "Love", that means there is a condition in "Love". If the condition cannot be achieved, then the "Love" ends. If you love a person because of his or her figure, and one day your beloved becomes old and ugly, will you still love him or her? If you love a person because of his or her talent, and one day your beloved loses his or her skill caused by any accident, will you still love him or her? If you really love a person, you will not think so much about him or her. This is called as "True Love".

When I was young, I was as cold as a stone. I did not know what was "Love". I did not care anything happened around me. I did not show my concern to the people beside me. Everyday, after I came back from school and had my lunch, I hid in my room to do my own thing and isolated myself from outside of my room. Normally I did not know the actual location of my parents. When someone came to find them and asked where were them, I could simply answer,"I don't know." since I had really no idea about that. When whole family sat down together for eating meal or watching television, I did not pay much attention on their conversation and just kept quiet. My mother always scold me that I looked like not the one member in my family. I was indeed a problematic children or teenager on that time.

What will happen if there is a lack of "Love" in this world or society? All people will not give a hand for anyone who is in difficulty. All people are busy with their own business and do not care other matters. We will hard to hear the laugh and feel the happiness in a society. If this really happens, what is the meaning in life? So, do not be closefisted to share your "Love" with others and make your life to be wonderful. Hope that everyone can be happy on everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Just like the love from our God, He gave His only son - Jesus for us. He loves us. Jesus loves us. Do you love Him? This kind of love you'll never found in any place, any time or from anyone. God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete